How to Do Airpods Installation and Update your iPhone
Airpods Installation: Apple seems to be great in making their device synced and easy to use. In this article, I will be explaining to you step by step guide on how you can install your Airpod on your iPhone. Also, I will be highlighting some problems most people encounter when installing.
This guide will teach you how to install your Airpod on your iPhone. The only thing you need do is to get your device ready and in a few minutes, your Airpod will be connected to your device. Let’s get started.
If you are setting up your device the first thing you need to do is to make sure that your iPhone is up to date, then follow these few steps.
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen, open the case of your AirPods make sure both AirPods are inside the case, and hold it next to your device.
- A setup animated image pops up on your iPhone which says connect
- Tap the connect button on the Airpod setup and wait for few seconds for it to connect
- Congratulations you’ve just get your AirPods connected to your iPhone.
- To control audio content with your Airpod like to play and pause audio you will have to press the sensor on the stem of your Airpod once.
- To skip forward double press the sensor on the stem of your Airpod
- To skip backward you will have to triple press the sensor stem on the Airpod
- To change the volume you will press and hold on either AirPods to switch between noise cancellation and transparency. Also, you can change the volume using Siri by saying Hey Siri increase the Volume or you can as well increase it on the control center manually on your device.
The Potential Question That is Frequently Asked
What if it’s not Connecting?
Once it does not connect to your device, you don’t need to panic, you just have to press and hold the white button on the AirPods case, and this should activate the light, and then it automatically connects to your iPhone.
If it still doesn’t connect, then you should try checking these three things; System Updates, Bluetooth, and the battery level of your AirPods.
If you haven’t Updated your System in a while, you should install the latest update for your device. Also Try checking if the Bluetooth is on, Turn on the Bluetooth, and try to reconnect. If it stills doesn’t connect, it probably means that your Airpods are not charged enough. You should put it back in the case and charge it for some time before you can reconnect again.
Expectantly, it’ll work, if it doesn’t still connect, you may need to contact Apple support for help.
How to Switch Between Devices?
Many people do use their Airpod with their iPhones, iPods, Mac, and apple watch. Once you’ve paired your AirPods with your iPhone, iCloud will automatically sync it to the entire Apple device you’ve logged into your iCloud account too so you could get to use it on any of your devices.
How to Update my Device to the Latest IOS?
It’s very essential to update your IOS device to the latest version, each and every update has its own useful features in it, just as the IOS14 with a feature that allows you to switch between two devices i.e. you can be watching video on you iPad and you iPhone starts to ring, how do you answer the phone call with the same Airpod you’re using on your iPad? With the help of IOS14, you can answer the call, most times if you can’t see updates on your device, you can use your computer to update your device.
How to Update iPhone Wirelessly?
Whenever you see a message pop up showing that an update is available, tap to install immediately. I will show a few steps to install an update on your device. Note before updating your device always make a backup of your device via iCloud or PC.
- Ensure to plug your device into power and connect to the internet or Wi-Fi
- Then go to Settings on your device
- Tap on General and tap on the software update
- Tap download and install, if it shows you a message saying temporary remove app because the software needs space, you can either tap cancel or continue if you have enough space on your device you can tap cancel, but if you don’t space you can tap continue. Later IOS or IpadOS will reinstall apps that are removed from the device.
Then tap update now and tap install. most times if you don’t want to install now you can choose to remind me later, if you tap tonight you can just plug your device into power, and your device will automatically update itself.
If asked to enter a passcode. Enter the required passcode, if don’t know here what to do.
How to Update my iPhone Using a Computer?
If you have tried to update your device wirelessly and it doesn’t work you can try using your computer to do that or if you don’t have a computer you can use a trusted computer to do this by connecting the computer to a device with an internet connection before you start the update.
Open iTunes on your computer
- Connect your device to the computer
- Locate your device on the computer by clicking on the icon on the top left Conner showing your device name.
- Then click on the option General to view the current software.
- Click on check for updates to get the latest IOS version
- Then finally click on download update and enter your passcode if required and if you don’t know your passcode here what to do.
- Note do not unplug your device unless iTunes windows tell you that it okay to disconnect your device from the computer.
Note updates make your device run smoother and work faster, we hope that this guide was helpful to you; look forward to hearing from you in the comment box.