How to Get Verified on Instagram
Getting your Instagram account verified is the holy grail of social media: It verifies you as a legit, serious business. But is it worth it? Is it hard? What does a verified account even do? Before we answer, you should know that there are two kinds of verified accounts: Official and business. If you want a personal account verified, you’ll need to submit a request through your account settings. But if you want your business verified, you’ll have to fill out an application. Once you’ve completed the form, just wait for Instagram to get back to you. The process takes about a week, but the wait is worth it.
What does Verified on Instagram Means?
The idea of “verification” carries a certain level of authority and credibility. The verification feature on Instagram was designed to give users the same feeling of credibility and indicate that the account it’s attached to has been verified. You may have noticed a checkmark next to some of the posts you see on Instagram. It’s verified by Instagram as if a celebrity or authority endorsement.
How to Get Verified on Instagram
Getting your Instagram account verified is more beneficial than you might think. Not only does it act as a sort of social media status symbol, but it can help protect your account from being hacked, by marking your account as legitimate. (Hackers often target verified accounts because they know the owners will be quick to notice any suspicious activity). If you’re ready to take the next step with your Instagram account, then this post is for you. Follow the 5 easy steps below to get your account verified in no time.
- Navigate to Instagram on your mobile device
- Go to your profile which is located at the lower right hand Conner
- Tap on the horizontal lines which is by the upper right hand Conner
- Tap on settings
- Below settings tap on Account
- Tap on request verification
- Next, fill out the verification form and tap on send button which is below
For you to complete this process you will have to provide a valid means of identification and other required documents (utility bills etc)
How to Get Verified on Instagram Fast
It’s every Instagram user’s dream to get their account verified. As you know from the title, I will teach you how to get verified on Instagram fast. There are multiple ways to get verified but I have found the most efficient way to do so. Let’s get started. To be verified on Instagram, you will need to meet the following conditions:
- Ensure to follow terms use and community guidelines
- Have an Instagram account with a minimum of 10,000 followers on your post (real followers)
- Be active on Instagram, i.e. post at least 10 times a week
- Use a real image of yourself on your account and cover your face in the profile picture You should also avoid any kind of spam behavior on Instagram, including:
- Posting images that don’t have anything to do with your interests
- Using hashtags more than twice per post
- Ensure not to use add me a link to other social networks
How Does Verified on Instagram Help
Verified on Instagram is an Instagram feature that helps prevent impersonation by letting you know when Instagram has verified a profile you’re checking out. Verified badges appear as a blue checkmark in the top right corner next to the profile photo. Currently, it’s only available on the app, but if you visit instagram.com from a mobile device, you’ll see it there, too. The feature was launched in April 2013, as a way to verify accounts belonging to public figures, celebrities, and brands. It’s not available to everyone, though. You can ask for your verification if you’re an Instagram user. Here are the benefits of verifying your Instagram account;
- Your account gain trust
- Your account will be reputable and recognize
- It increases account discoverability on Instagram
- Verified account get access to special features on Instagram (swipe up feature on Instagram stories, etc)
How Many Times Can One Apply for Verification?
They are no limit in applying for verification on Instagram, provided you wait for 30 days after each application.
If you are always applying for verification on Instagram and you’re often denied, it is probably because of some common reasons.
Some Common Reason for Not Getting Verified on Instagram
- Private account: Ensure your account is not private: if you have a private Instagram account, you cannot be verified. i.e. your account must be a public account
- Violation of terms and conditions: Do not violate the terms and conditions or community guideline
- Account representation: your account must be represented by you and your business or brand
- Profile Update: Ensure to keep your account up to date (profile and biodata)
- Inactive account: Be active on Instagram, i.e. post at least 10 times a week
Other Ways to Show Your Account Is Authentic on Instagram
If your Instagram account does not have a verified badge or has been denied, they are still other ways to prove that you’re account is authentic and professional;
- Write a description of yourself, your business, and your brand telling your followers and customers more about yourself and your business.
- Always use stories to provide a behind the scenes look at your business
- Always ensure to encourage your followers and customers to tag your business and brand so people can see posts from customers using your product or services.
Should I Apply for Verification?
If you want to grow your Instagram account and increase your business awareness, you should definitely apply, provided you have met the criteria.
Most times you might not be sure if your account is qualified, so in this case, you can give it a try, if you get denied it’s because of some common reasons.
Can One Lose the Verification Badge on Instagram?
When you first start your Instagram account, you get a golden badge next to your name as a way to prove that you are the owner of the account. However, this badge isn’t forever, and once it’s gone, you’ll have to jump through a few hoops to get it back.
- Ensure to not advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge
- Do not use your profile picture, bio, or name section to promote other services
- Do not attempt to verify your account through a third party
How to Stay Verified on Instagram
It can be a pain to get re-verified and have your account back up and running. It’s even more frustrating to have this happen several times over a few months. So, what can you do to ensure that your Instagram account stays verified?
- Keep your account public
- Be Careful What You Click Make sure to check the URL of the page you’re on before you click. Not everyone is as honest as you are, so some websites might try to lure you into clicking a verification link by pretending to be one of Instagram’s official pages.