How To Block Someone On LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the most well-known and widely used social media sites for businesses and professionals. The platform is all about making meaningful connections within your area of knowledge in order to gain more experience and develop new skills. Of course, many people use it to look for new jobs.
In general, LinkedIn isn’t big on privacy. Transparency is needed to demonstrate your expertise and experience. But that doesn’t rule out the possibility of limiting the number of people who can bother you. One of them is blocking.
Anyone who has actively used Linkedin has come across a person or two that they either wanted to block or were asked not to communicate with. But how do you approach the subject without coming off as offensive or rude? In the end, LinkedIn is still seen as a professional networking site by most, so blocking should only be done if necessary. Below is a step-by-step guide for blocking someone on Linkedin and replacing them with someone more interesting!
- Navigate to LinkedIn
- Login your account
- Go to the profile of the member you want to block
- Click on More, which is below the member profile picture
- Select Report/Block on the list
- A menu pops up asking what do you want; choose block
- Click on block to proceed
- You can also go back to review your options
Note: LinkedIn gives you the option to block 1200 members, and also, After unblocking, you must wait 48 hours before reblocking the same participant.
How To Block Someone on LinkedIn on iPhone
There are many reasons why you can receive irrelevant LinkedIn connection requests. It could be due to your name being similar to another person, wrong spelling of your name, spambots that wouldn’t want to waste time finding out the correct spelling before sending over the connections requests. Today I will be showing you how easy it is to block someone on LinkedIn on iPhone;
- Go to LinkedIn app on your iOS device
- Navigate to the person profile you want to block
- Tap on more, which at the top right on your device screen
- Tap on report/block from the dropdown menu
- Tap on block
- A confirmation window pops up tap block to confirm
How To Block Someone on LinkedIn on Android
If you’ve got a long list in your LinkedIn contacts, you might have wondered how to block someone on LinkedIn on android. This question does not just happen when you are a newbie but also when you become an expert in using LinkedIn. It is true that if you want to remove your contacts from the list, all you need to do is to follow these few steps, and you get them blocked;
- Navigate to your LinkedIn app on your device
- Go to the person’s profile you want to block
- Tap on more icon at the top right of your device screen
- Tap on report/block from the displayed dropdown menu
- Tap on block
- Once you have tap on block, a confirmation window will pop up. Tap on block to confirm
How To Unblock Someone on LinkedIn
So, whether you blocked someone on LinkedIn by accident or on purpose if you now want to unblock that user, the steps below will assist you. It just takes a few seconds. It just takes a few clicks in your LinkedIn settings to accomplish this. Let’s take a look at how:
- Navigate to LinkedIn.com
- Login your account
- Click on the Me icon, which is at the top of your LinkedIn homepage
- Click on settings and privacy
- On the settings page, click on visibility which the left-hand side of your screen
- Then scroll drown and click on the blocking option
- Once you have click on the blocking, it displays a list of members you have blocked on LinkedIn
- From the list shown, look for the member you want to unblock and click on the unblock button right next to the member name
- Enter your LinkedIn password to confirm the change
How to Unblock Someone on LinkedIn via LinkedIn Mobile App
If you’re using LinkedIn on a laptop or a smartphone, the process is nearly identical. Follow these measures to unblock a blocked LinkedIn communication if you’re using the LinkedIn mobile app on your smartphone:
- Log into your LinkedIn mobile app
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right corner
- Tap on settings and privacy
- Tap on the visibility option on the settings section
- Select blocking
- Once you have tap on the blocking, it displays a list of people you have blocked on LinkedIn
- Tap on persons contact you want to unblock
- Tap on unblock, which is right next to the person name
- Now enter your LinkedIn password and tap on done to confirm changes made.
Frequent Questions Asked
How do I hide my LinkedIn Profile from Non-Members?
- To hide your LinkedIn profile from non-members, here what you should do
- Login your account
- Tap on the Me icon, which is at the top of your LinkedIn
- Go to the visibility edit tab
- Tap on the slide to turn it off
What Happens When Someone Is Unblocked on Linkedin?
When someone is removed from the block list, two things happen. For one thing, the person’s profile becomes visible. Second, you’ll be able to send and receive messages from them.
You will not be automatically reconnected if you unblock someone who was previously on your contact list. To connect with that user, go to their profile page and click the “Connect” button. You could also wait for them to send you a request.
What is the easiest way to hide my activity on LinkedIn?
You don’t have to go the blocking route if you don’t want to interrupt all contact with those companies or people on Linkedin. You can control who can follow you by going to the “Blocking and hiding” section of your “Privacy” tab.
When anyone follows you, it means they will receive notifications about any changes you make public. For followers. All who is connected to you on LinkedIn is referred to as a “connection.”
If you want your profile and resume available to recruiters outside of your network while still hiding those posts and updates, the second choice is recommended. Keep in mind that your list of followers will shrink when you move from others to your near network. It can take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect.