How to Change Status in Discord is the same as updating status on Discord or changing discord status. You might have heard about this new way of communication and have decided to give it a shot. Maybe you are a member of some discord communities and want to see if it will work for you. Whatever the case, you probably went to a discord server first and got annoyed by all those people who stay online but don’t talk at all. Here we’ll be working through how to change your status on Discord via pc and mobile devices. Also, we’ll answer some frequently asked questions concerning changing discord status. So let’s get started;
What does Status Mean on Discord?
Status on Discord can mean many things to many people. Some might see it as a general indicator of how active you are on the discord server, while others might interpret it as a signal that you’re an active member of the discord community.
How to Change Your Discord Status on Mac or Windows?
You can choose the appropriate online status to display when you’re busy with something that requires full attention or when you need to complete an assignment that will take some time. Fortunately, Discord has four different online statuses that allow you to customize how you appear to others while maintaining your focus in other areas if necessary. Here are a few steps by step guides that will show you how to change your discord status;
- Navigate and sign in to your Discord account using a web browser, or use the desktop app.
- It’s as simple as left-clicking your profile avatar in the lower-left corner of the client to change your status.
- The status-picker menu will appear select one of the options; your status will be updated immediately.
How to Create Your Own Discord Status?
Sometimes you might not like the status options you see on Discord, so if you would like to create your own special status on Discord, here’s how to do so;
- Below the display status list popup window. Click on “set a custom status.”
- In the status text box, type the message of the status you’re in.
- Chose an emoji by clicking on the emoji icon
- Chose how long you want the message to be last
- Select the status you would like to appear
- If you are ok with everything, click on save so your status will be updated.
How to Change Your Discord Status on iPhone and Android Device?
Changing your discord status on your mobile phone is very easy provided you follow these few step by step guides;
- Navigate to the Discord app on your device
- click on the hamburger menu to open the sever and channel list.
- Tap on your user profile at the bottom-right to take you to user settings
- Tap on the set status
- Select your preferred status, and it will be updated.
How to Create Your Own Discord Status on a Mobile Phone?
Once you have been login into your discord account
- Tap on your profile to access user settings
- On the user settings section, select set status
- Tap on set a custom status
- Type in your message on the text area
- Click on the emoji icon to add emoji
- Select a duration you want your message to display
- Now, if you are done, tap on save
How to Set Custom Playing Status on Discord?
If you want a custom discord playing status to keep your friends updated when you aren’t playing the game, here is how to set a custom playing status;
- Log into your discord account.
- Click on the Settings icon close to your profile icon at the bottom
- Once you have click on the icon, you’ll be taken to user settings
- On the user, settings scroll to game settings by your left
- Tap on game activity
- Below no games detected click on add it
- Some List of apps currently open on your PC can be found by clicking the down-pointing chevron.
- Chose google chrome
- Remove “Google Chrome” and whichever app you want from the “Now playing!” text box and replace it with the activity you want to show.
- Check the box next to “Display currently running game as a status message.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Discord Custom Status?
Setting a custom status, rather than using one of the four preprogrammed statuses on Discord, allows you to enter a message, complete with an appropriate emoji, to better describe your current situation.
How Do I Create a Discord Custom Status?
To make your Discord status on an iPhone, Android, Windows, or Mac, follow the steps outlined above, and you’ll have your personalized status.
How Do You Change Your Discord Online Status?
To change your online status on your PC or Mac, follow these steps:
Sign in to your Discord account using the web interface or the desktop app.
To access your statuses, click your profile picture in the bottom-left corner.
Select an option from the displayed status. Your status will be updated immediately.
What Do Discord Statuses Indicate?
Most times, you might want to go offline on Discord, or maybe you have to do some assignment that requires your undivided attention. Thankfully, Discord has four different online statuses that allow you to customize how you appear to others while maintaining your focus in other areas if necessary. These four online statuses include;
Online = when a user is active on Discord
Idle = when a User is not available because you’re away.
Do not disturb = to prevent desktop notifications from bothering you, and
Invisible = to disappear from the online user’s list; while invisible, you can still chat and play.