What to Look For When Buying a Gaming Mouse: Choosing the best gaming mouse isn’t nearly as easy as it may seem. It takes a considerable amount of research and testing to find the right one for your needs. However, having an idea of what type of game you like to play can make it much easier when choosing which features are most important in a gaming mouse.
What to Look For When Buying a Gaming Mouse
A Gaming Mouse is now an essential accessory to consider when purchasing a new gaming computer. It’s important to understand the various features that are available and how they affect your playing. For example, there are now optical and laser mice. There are a number of high-quality products on the market today. This article provides of some of the things you need to consider when buying the best gaming mice and other comparisons:
* Speed Sensors: The speed sensors are the number one thing to look for when purchasing a gaming mouse. Some of the leading brands offer high-performance, low-profile USB 2.0 sensors that can be plugged right into any USB port. Speed sensors will tell the user when it’s time to move their cursor up or down. Other popular choices are laser and optical sensors. Each offers different sensitivity, so it’s important to choose a sensor that works best for you.
* Gaming Grip: A quality gaming grip will be made from a hard rubber material. Rubber is great because it holds the mouse up and in place without becoming sticky. In addition, rubber offers support for the hand while typing or handling keys. When choosing a grip, it’s best to get one with the excellent build quality and good wrist support.
* Light Sensors/Color Boost: Some wireless gaming mice use a variety of sensors to provide varying levels of light sensitivity. Some use a very low-level red laser; others use a mid-level red laser. Still, others use a high-speed infrared LED. It’s important to choose a wireless mouse that uses a high-end light sensor and a color-boosting LED. These two features work together to offer the greatest level of sensitivity, meaning faster movements for gaming.
* Battery: One of the most important features of a wireless gaming mouse is its battery life. Wireless mice require a small amount of battery life for every hour of play. The longer the battery life, the more you can play for longer without having to recharge the unit. Most mice come with at least a five-hour battery life. Look for a battery that lasts longer, such as the SpeedPro battery from Logitech.
* Mouse Feet: The size of the mouse feet is important when choosing a gaming mouse. Large gaming mice look larger than they really are. They’re also heavier and require more pressure to click correctly. Make sure the mouse feet are comfortable for you to use, as this will be an important factor in your comfort while playing.
* Gaming Mouse Grip: An ergonomic mouse grip will make it much easier to type on and play on your computer. Many games have simple controls, but most require you to physically maneuver your hand onto the buttons to get the correct input. Good ergonomic grips fit your hand nicely and offer enough support so you won’t get wrist strain. For a more solid grip, some people prefer the Stylus Gloves over other types of mice grips. Some people don’t like the idea of having something bulky on their hands, so the Ergonomic Outlet is one of the best mouse grips on the market. It’s very small and unobtrusive, fitting on almost any hand size.
* Lightspeed USB Wireless Accelerometer: If you want to be able to use wireless gaming without having to carry a wired mouse, then the Lightspeed USB wireless adapter is perfect for you. The Lightspeed USB Wireless Accelerometer features a precision optical sensor for fast, smooth mouse movement. This innovative wireless device allows you to turn off the screen and use the built-in accelerometer to track your mouse movements. Best of all, the wireless connection is wireless, so you can use it with a notebook, mobile phone, or laptop with a USB connector, eliminating the need for a wired Ethernet cable.